Monday, February 8, 2010

i'm back ... for real ... sort of ... ? ...!

so it's been a month since i got back into the US from paris and although i've written a few blogs i have yet to actually post anything. my bad. things are kinda crazy right now but i SHiNE ... so ... dig it.

so with that said ... i'm trying to write at least one blog a week ... i may need some help being kept on task here! call me if i start to slip ... no e-mails ... i'll ignore it to easily! i enjoy writing and want to doit more often so i am working not to fall into my old habits that may not contribute to my new mindset.
so i thank you for your suport,spurring and patience!

so for this blog ...

i'm gonna talk about the past few weeks and how no one told me that i'd need time to adjust to being back here in DC. i just figured that i knew dc so i'd just jump back into the swing of things like i never left ... NOT. i still say merci a the cash register! it was one few words thast i knew how to use correctly. every now and then i say "d'accord ... d'accord" [fo sho ... fo sho; yea cool; i agree])...

it forced me to look at all the ways that the trip influenced me. and i mean more than the weight i lost by all the walking and eating less fatty & drugged up foods. it shifted how i think and how i view some things. it also reminded me of many things that i knew but had not implemented in my everyday life. to wrap it all up ...

as a child ...
dreams meant fantasy
NOW ... as an adult ...
i see dreams as the starting point to a planning PROCESS.
a process that has goals/milestones/progress markers & tangible outcomes!

and ...

that some of the things that i called freedoms had limits.
and by relinquishing some of my freedoms i also empower myself to engage in new experiences instead of those same old habits


now ... for all my peoples in PARIS ... thank you again for sharing your paris with me ... and now ... welcome to my DC ...

i'm back ... and it's cold!!!



i'm gonna introduce you to my peoples and my spots in DC ... lets start w/ one of my dudes ... jabari exum of the human prophets ...



and peep his group the hueman prophets. here's the video for their song ...

the rhythm, the rebel ...




here's a little trip to the gentrified u street ...




in ben's chilli bowl!





there are reports of up to 30 inches of snow that fell in parts in parts of DC.
but now ... i'm not there ... i'm in nj ... i out ran escaped the blizzard!!!

*NOTE
a "mentee" asked me to swing by their school and talk to them about some issues they were having. a teacher thought that i was the students father. when i left i thought ... "damn, your ass is kinda old ... you could really be the father of high school senior."


yo ... this was what i watched while i was in NJ thinking about my peoples in DC that were really snowed in!

blacking up: http://bit.ly/aUzeWB

it has nothing to do with anything i posted but it was a good documentary. especially for youth and media education.

No comments: