Saturday, November 21, 2009

my phone is gone ... and i got work to do ...

ok ...

so i had my phone picked from my jacket pocket last night! in retrospect, i think the sister that was sitting across from me was trying to signal me that it was going down! but hey ... it is what it is and the beat goes on.

what's cool is that i was on my way to meet my new homie welela. hella cool peoples! she's a contact from my other homie kiki joi! i was a little late and when i walked into this spot, chez janou, it was empty. welela greeted me with a smile and a and hug like we'd been long lost friends! she introduced me to benji who was behind the bar. i hadn't even taken my jacket off and benji notices my shirt. he say's "cameroon?". i'm like nah ... then i realize i have my cameroon jersey on. we connect! and although i was blown from the pick pocket experience but a few deep breaths, some good convo and a glass of wine and i moved forward!

i guess the other thing that i wanna share is that i think i made some decisions recently about my life.
occasionally i describe mysel f intheis manner ...

I HAVE MORE WISDOM THAN INTELLIGENCE
I HAVE MORE SOCIAL THAN FISCAL WEALTH
I HAVE MORE INTEGRITY THAN PRIDE
I HAVE MORE FREEDOM THAN WORRIES!

i have decided that i am willing to give up some of my freedom to gain more fiscal wealth which i hope will in turn provide me with some new freeing experiences.

that's kinda big for me. i try to be minimal in my support for some of those things that the masses seem to support blindly. i guess you can say that i've always been a bit of a anti-conformist. it seemed to go well with my want to blend in and be apart of a community. in this moment i realize that my parent's small extended family and my positive influences from their community have created a high respect for community and a NEED for it in my life. NOW ... if i am who i say i am ... i'd challenge that need for community and try to do stuff solo for real!

*damn!!! i hate it when i think myself into situations that make more work for me!*
ok ... i gotta go wrap my head around this ... and go get a new phone!

BRiLLEZ

1 comment:

Christal said...

Being on the other side of the sun is giving you great prospective on life. But, will trading in your freedom for more fiscal wealth keep you married to your career ? I think you secretly love making work for yourself.